International Games Week is an initiative run by volunteers from around the world to reconnect communities through their libraries around the educational, recreational, and social value of all types of games.
International Games Week is October 29th through November 4th, 2017. Libraries are encouraged to host a gaming event during or near this week.
- Registration for IGW will open in early June 2017
- Promotional Materials
- IGW sponsors
- Become an IGW sponsor
IGW 2017 Games List:
Become an IGW sponsor
Some basics about being a sponsor for International Games Day:
1. International Games Day is generally a one-day event, but individual libraries choose when and how to participate. We usually have around 2000 libraries participate; 2015 was our peak thus far at more than 2157 libraries around the world.
2. We generally limit physical donations to libraries in your home country to prevent international shipping costs as your company will be handling distribution and shipping.
3. To be a donor, we need to know how many games you would be donating, a description of the game, any graphics, etc. for promotion purposes. You can donate one game or several. A donation of 250 games is the minimum to be considered ‘official sponsor’. If you donate 250 games, a blog post about your game, logo, and link to your site on the Games in Libraries blog. Libraries that donate 50 games will still have their logo and link to their site as a sponsor.
4. Registration is online and libraries have the opportunity to self-select which donations they want. When all donations have been claimed or in early September, whichever comes first, we will provide the list of libraries to you so you can begin distribution.
If you are interested in sponsorship or have any questions, please fill out the form below.