International Games Week is an initiative run by volunteers from around the world to reconnect communities through their libraries around the educational, recreational, and social value of all types of games.
International Games Week is November 4-10, 2018. Libraries can host a gaming event during or near this week to be eligible for registration for donations.
- Register here (Registration is now open for 2018)
- Promotional Materials
- IGW sponsors
- Become an IGW sponsor
IGW 2018 Games List:
Get the MacGuffin / Looney labs (US Libraries)
Get the MacGuffin is a quick game where players must make clever use of a limited hand of cards ranging from ridiculously powerful to just ridiculous.
2-11 players / Ages 8-adult / 5-10 minutes
Steal the Show! Act II / Hungry for More Games (US Libraries)
Steal the Show! Act II is a multiplayer card game where players play as iconic Shakespeare characters and challenge other players to a Battle of Strength or a Battle of Wits using Shakespearean insults and the art of bluffing!
2-5 Players / Ages 14+ / 30 minutes
Stuffed Fables / Plaid Hat Games (US Libraries)
Sworn to protect the little girl that loves them, a group of stuffed toys has been drawn into the Fall, an otherworldly, fantastic realm ruled by a brooding master of nightmares.
2-4 players / Ages 7+ / 60-90 minutes
Splendor / Space Cowboys (US Libraries)
Lead a merchant guild during the Renaissance buying gem mines, means of transportation, and shops in order to acquire prestige points.
2-4 players / Ages 10+ / 30 minutes
Ticket to Ride / Days of Wonder (US Libraries)
A cross-country train adventure where players collect cards of various types of train cars that enable them to claim railway routes connecting cities in various countries around the world.
2-5 players / Ages 8+ / 30-60 minutes
Skull & Shackles/ Paizo (US Libraries)
A group of press-ganged travelers seizes a ship and becomes embroiled in the troubles and machinations of the Shackles—a beautiful island chain dominated by pirate warlords.
1-4 players / Ages 13+ / 120 minutes
Become an IGW sponsor
Some basics about being a sponsor for International Games Week:
- International Games Week is generally a week-long event, but individual libraries choose when and how to participate. We usually have around 2000 libraries participate; 2015 was our peak thus far at more than 2157 libraries around the world.
- We generally limit physical donations to libraries in your home country to prevent international shipping costs as your company will be handling distribution and shipping.
- To be a donor, we need to know how many games you would be donating, a description of the game, any graphics, etc. for promotion purposes. You can donate one game or several.
- A donation of 200 games is the minimum to be considered ‘official sponsor’. Companies that donate 200 games, will receive a blog post about the donation, the logo in the sidebar, and a link to your site on the sponsor page.
- Companies that donate 50 games will still have their logo and the link to their site on the sponsor page.
- Registration is online and libraries have the opportunity to self-select which donations they want. When all donations have been claimed or in early September, whichever comes first, we will provide the list of libraries to you so you can begin distribution.
If you are interested in sponsorship or have any questions, please fill out the form below.