International Games Week is an initiative run by volunteers from around the world to reconnect communities through their libraries around the educational, recreational, and social value of all types of games.
International Games Week is October 29th through November 4th, 2017. Libraries are encouraged to host a gaming event during or near this week.
- Registration for IGW will open in early June 2017
- Promotional Materials
- IGW sponsors
- Become an IGW sponsor
IGW 2017 Games List:
Vested Interest Games (Worldwide)
simian.interface++ (1000 Steam codes)
An abstract puzzle experience for simian participants of all ages and abilities. (Single player, all ages)
Paizo (United States)
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Skull & Shackles base set (50 copies)
Embark on a campaign of pillaging, piracy, and politics. This complete cooperative strategy game sets 1 to 4 heroes against the monsters, surprises, flamboyant privateers, and treacherous terrain. (1-4 players, 120 min., Age 13+)
Cheap Ass Games (United States)
Tak: a beautiful game (18 copies)
A game of perfect strategy.
(2 players, 20-60 min., Age 12+)
OnePlay (no limit)
OnePlay is a digital subscription service with access to 2,000 PC and Android games. This donation is a year-long individual subscription for IGW participants at your library. (All ages)
12 Orbits (Worldwide)
12 orbits (no limit)
This digital multiplayer game, created by Roman Uhlig, is available for 2-12 people at once. This game is available in 12 languages and fun for all ages. (Steam and Itch.io code)
Looney Labs (United States)
Are You the Traitor? (500 copies)
It’s the moment of truth in your quest to destroy the Evil magic Key. Your band of adventurers faces two Wizards: an Evil Wizard who wants to use the key to unlock evil powers, and the Good Wizard who has the ability to destroy it. The problem is, the Evil Wizard has disguised himself to look exactly like the Good Wizard, so who do you give the Key to? Choose quickly: one of your trusted Guards is secretly a Traitor – and next round that Traitor might be you! (4-10 players, 10-30 minutes, Age 13+)
Regular Show™ Fluxx (500 copies)
Looney Labs teams up with Cartoon Network to create the most irregular version of Fluxx yet. Join Mordecai, Rigby and the whole gang. Do your friends a solid and distract the Destroyer of Worlds to save The Park… but don’t let Benson catch you doing donuts or you’re fired! (2-6 players, 10-40 minutes, Age 8+)
Become an IGW sponsor
Some basics about being a sponsor for International Games Day:
1. International Games Day is generally a one-day event, but individual libraries choose when and how to participate. We usually have around 2000 libraries participate; 2015 was our peak thus far at more than 2157 libraries around the world.
2. We generally limit physical donations to libraries in your home country to prevent international shipping costs as your company will be handling distribution and shipping.
3. To be a donor, we need to know how many games you would be donating, a description of the game, any graphics, etc. for promotion purposes. You can donate one game or several.
A donation of 200 games is the minimum to be considered ‘official sponsor’. Companies that donate 200 games, will receive a blog post about the donation, the logo in the sidebar, and a link to your site on the sponsor page.
Companies that donate 50 games will still have their logo and the link to their site on the sponsor page.
4. Registration is online and libraries have the opportunity to self-select which donations they want. When all donations have been claimed or in early September, whichever comes first, we will provide the list of libraries to you so you can begin distribution.
If you are interested in sponsorship or have any questions, please fill out the form below.