Join ALA’s GameRT
- If you are interested in joining ALA, click here
- Use this link to add your GameRT membership to an existing ALA membership https://ec.ala.org/membership/renew.
Volunteer to work with us!
There are a couple of different ways that you can join us! We made this Airtable to step you through the process. https://airtable.com/shrxtvUMCdEgNHgKH
Volunteer for the GameRT Executive Board
The Board consists of three Presidents, a Secretary, a Treasurer and four Members-at-Large. The Presidents serve for three years. Every year there is a President Elect, a President, and a Past President. The Treasurer, the Secretary and the Members-at-Large all serve for two years. You have to be a member of GameRT to be on the Board.
You can nominate yourself for a Board spot in the fall. Nominations close on December and then elections happen as part of ALA’s elections in March.
Our committees change membership at the end of ALA Annual in June. You have to be a member of GameRT to be on a committee, because we use ALA Connect to communicate. Most committees meet once a month and the commitment is for one year. There is a break-down of most of the committees and what they do on the website here: https://www.ala.org/rt/gamert/gamert-committees
- The Game On! Grant Committee
- The International Games Committee
- Lists & Awards Committee – Their purpose is to curate recommended lists of games to share with the membership. To research the award giving process within ALA guidelines and standards. To develop specific guidelines, processes, and the timeline for the award cycle.
- Long Range and Strategic Planning Committee
- The Membership and Outreach Committee
- Mystery Hunt unofficial committee – They make games for the membership to play either virtually or in person at ALA conventions like Annual and LLX.
- The Programming Committee
Sponsor a GameRT Event
If you are a game distributor and wish to support GameRT events, click here!