Join ALA’s GameRT
- If you are interested in joining ALA, click here
- Use this link to add your GameRT membership to an existing ALA membership https://ec.ala.org/membership/renew.
- You can find current information about membership dues on the ALA website
- Historic statistics on GameRT membership levels are posted on the ALA website
- Benefits of GameRT membership include:
- voting for GameRT Executive Board members during annual ALA elections
- early access to GameRT webinar recordings (GameRT members get access six months before the public)
- peer networking
- opportunities for professional experiences as outlined below
Volunteer for the GameRT Executive Board
The GameRT Executive Board consists of a President trio (Elect, Current, Past), Secretary, Treasurer, Council member, and six Members-at-Large. Presidents serve for three years (one year each as President-Elect, President, and Past President). The Treasurer, Secretary and Members-at-Large serve for two years. You must be a member of GameRT to be on the Board.
You can nominate yourself for a Board spot in the fall. Nominations close on December and then elections happen as part of ALA’s elections in March. See the ALA Elections page for more information and a link to the candidate nomination portal for “Division and Round Tables” – the nomination period is typically July – December each year.
You must be a member of GameRT and able to make a one year commitment to be on a committee. Most committee rosters change over after ALA Annual in June. Committees generally meet once a month and work on projects year-round. Read the full descriptions of GameRT committees to see which committee best aligns with your interests.
If you are a GameRT member, you can volunteer for committee work via this AirTable form. Most committee rosters are finalized in June. Applications for the upcoming year are reviewed in May. Outside of the review period, applications are checked once per month. If you fill out the application after committees are finalized in, you may be able to help with intermittent projects, but would be considered for committee membership for the following year (unless there is an opening earlier).
- Game On! Grant Committee (roster changes in January)
- International Games Month Committee (roster changes in January)
- Lists & Awards Committee
- Outreach Committee
- Program Planning Committee
- Strategic Planning Committee
Volunteer for projects!
If you don’t have the time for yearlong committee work, but still want to contribute to GameRT, there are a couple of different ways that you can help us! Anyone can submit articles for consideration to the blog, you can volunteer as a mentor for the GameRT RPG Guild, you can be a guest on GameRT Twitch programs, you can present webinars, etc. Fill our this Airtable form to indicate your interests!
Learn more about connecting with GameRT, sponsoring GameRT events, and participating at conferences!