International Games Week is an initiative run by volunteers from around the world to reconnect communities through their libraries around the educational, recreational, and social value of all types of games.
International Games Week is November 8-14, 2020. Libraries can host a gaming event during or near this week (this year, due to COVID-19, any event held in November counts!) to be eligible for registration for the drawing.
Featured Print-and-Play Games
Caterpillar Feast by Venntik Games: Eat your way through the leaves before the owl finds you!
More coming soon!
IGW 2020 Online Gaming Resources
ALA Games and Gaming Round Table Discord Server: Join other GameRT librarians for gaming discussion and play!
Tabletopia: Online board gaming suitable for online Library game nights, with both free and subscription versions.
Board Game Arena: Like Tabletopia, an online browser-based platform for running board games remotely.
Roll20: A powerful online tool for running tabletop RPG adventures, with great support for a wide range of rule sets.
More coming soon!
Become an International Games Week Sponsor
Some basics about being a sponsor for International Games Week:
- International Games Week is generally a week-long event, but individual libraries choose when and how to participate. We usually have around 2000 libraries participate; 2015 was our peak thus far at more than 2157 libraries around the world.
- We generally limit physical donations to libraries in your home country to prevent international shipping costs as your company will be handling distribution and shipping.
- To be a donor, we need to know how many games you would be donating, a description of the game, any graphics, etc. for promotion purposes. You can donate one game or several.
- A donation of 200 games is the minimum to be considered ‘official sponsor’. Companies that donate 200 games, will receive a blog post about the donation, the logo in the sidebar, and a link to your site on the sponsor page.
- Companies that donate 50 games will still have their logo and the link to their site on the sponsor page.
- Registration is online and libraries have the opportunity to self-select which donations they want. When all donations have been claimed or in early September, whichever comes first, we will provide the list of libraries to you so you can begin distribution.
If you are interested in sponsorship or have any questions, please fill out the form below.