International Games Week is an initiative run by volunteers from around the world to reconnect communities through their libraries around the educational, recreational, and social value of all types of games.
International Games Week is November 3-9, 2019. Libraries can host a gaming event during or near this week to be eligible for registration for donations.
- Register here (Registration for 2019 will open in early-July)
- Promotional Materials
- IGW sponsors
- Become an IGW sponsor
IGW 2019 Games List:
Boss Monster 2: The Next Level
2-4 Players | 20-30 min. | Ages 13+
It’s time to take your dungeon to The Next Level! Return to the video game-inspired world of Arcadia in Boss Monster 2. This all-new 160-card set plays as a standalone game or as an expansion to the best-selling original card game. Become one of twelve new Bosses, Build powerful new Trap and Monster rooms, Cast Epic Spells, Face new challenges, including Hybrid Heroes and Dark Heroes. Just like the original, Boss Monster 2 is designed for players of all skill levels.
2-8 Players | 15-20 min. | Ages 7+
You are about to enter a shared dream with your friends. It may take you on a wild adventure under the sea, or to a faraway land, or even soaring through the stars. In Dream On, you will tell the story of your dream together, one card at a time. When you wake up, you’ll work together as a team to remember everything that happened, before the story slips away from you. The better you’re able to recall the story of the dream, the more points you’ll earn.
Exploding Kittens: a card game
2-5 Players | 15 min. | Ages 7+
Players draw cards until someone draws an exploding kitten, at which point they explode, they are dead, and they are out of the game — unless that player has a defense card, which can defuse the kitten using things like laser pointers, belly rubs, and catnip sandwiches.
Red Raven Games
2-5 Players | 20 min. | Ages 8+
Collect as much treasure as you can, but watch out for monsters! The further you go in the level, the more treasure you’ll get, but if you take too much damage, you’ll end up going home with nothing.
Fairy Tale Fluxx
2-6 Players | 5-20 Min. | Ages 8+
The land of happily ever after is now in Fluxx! Constantly changing and mixing up all your favorite fairy tales, this is a wonderful version for introducing newer players to the magic of Fluxx, without the complications of Creepers or Surprises!
Become an IGW sponsor
Some basics about being a sponsor for International Games Week:
- International Games Week is generally a week-long event, but individual libraries choose when and how to participate. We usually have around 2000 libraries participate; 2015 was our peak thus far at more than 2157 libraries around the world.
- We generally limit physical donations to libraries in your home country to prevent international shipping costs as your company will be handling distribution and shipping.
- To be a donor, we need to know how many games you would be donating, a description of the game, any graphics, etc. for promotion purposes. You can donate one game or several.
- A donation of 200 games is the minimum to be considered ‘official sponsor’. Companies that donate 200 games, will receive a blog post about the donation, the logo in the sidebar, and a link to your site on the sponsor page.
- Companies that donate 50 games will still have their logo and the link to their site on the sponsor page.
- Registration is online and libraries have the opportunity to self-select which donations they want. When all donations have been claimed or in early September, whichever comes first, we will provide the list of libraries to you so you can begin distribution.
If you are interested in sponsorship or have any questions, please fill out the form below.