Learn about Painting Miniatures, and then a couple days later tune in for some information on Educational Video Games. All are welcome to join. Just register below.
Educational Video Games and Video Games Used in Education
Brought to You by the Film & Media Round Table (FMRT) and the Games & Gaming Round Table
Mar 14, 2022 at 12:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Do you collect video games for your library? Or do you do programming related to video-game playing or video-game creation? Do you teach with video games? Do you love video games? Do you do research about video games? Are you in a video game?
If any of these questions resonate with you, then you will love this upcoming webinar. It will feature a panel of people from the Smithsonian, the Internet Archive, and PBS Kids, and they will talk about making educational video games, teaching with video games, and the amazing resources out there available to educators. They’ll also be happy to answer your questions during a Q&A.
- Moderator: Rebecca Strang, Children’s Services Librarian at Naperville Public Library; President-Elect of ALA’s Games & Gaming Round Table
- Panelists: Cody Coltharp, Digital Interactive Designer at the Office of the Under Secretary for Education, Smithsonian Institution
- Jason Scott, Free-Range Archivist and Software Curator at Internet Archive
- Abby Jenkins, Senior Director of Content at PBS KIDS
Learn & Play – Miniatures Painting
Mar 16, 2022 at 10:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join GameRT for an introduction session on gaming miniatures painting! Learn about basic hobby tools, tips, and techniques to get started.
- Presenter: Sonny Laughlin – 73-year-old disabled veteran of the US Army. Sonny lived in Germany for 5 years and attended the University of Maryland/Munich. He graduated from Indiana State University Evansville in 1980 with a teaching license in Social Studies and German. He has judged the 4H Models project in Vanderburgh County since 1981.
Not Free at the right time, but want to see the program? All of the programs are recorded.
ALA GameRT members can log in using the same login as ALAConnect for access as soon as the videos go up here: https://www.ala.org/rt/shib_login/?q=gamert/GameRT_Member_Resources
After 6 months, anyone can access the videos here: https://www.ala.org/rt/gamert/gamert-programs-resources
You can join GameRT here: http://www.ala.org/membership/joinala